Saturday 25 May 2013

TIPS: The Wonders of Vaseline

Hi Darlings,

I'm back!! Today I'm going to share with you some beauty tips that you might or might not know about Vaseline. YESSS... that Petroleum Jelly Vaseline. ^^




Above is the picture of Vaseline that I bought at local nearby drug store, you even can find it at Guardian, Watson, Caring pharmacy and any other places easily for only RM4.50 for this 50mL. I am a big fan of Vaseline and Burt's Bees when it comes to lip balm. They does a good job of nourishing my chapped lips.

These Vaseline shown from the picture above is not available in Malaysia, I got mine from my cousin who is studying in United Kingdom which I believe that the price is more or less same like our Vaseline local price. From all the 5 types, I prefer the Aloe Vera (maybe is just because it is Aloe Vera, I prefer it more) *FYI, I'm a big fans for Aloe Vera* I will upload the picture of my Aloe Vera Vaseline on Monday as I left mine in office ^^

I believe we all come across Vaseline/petroleum jelly and its most common use is to apply it as a lip balm to smooth out dry or chapped lips. But, amazingly, there are more beauty secrets hidden from this Vaseline. Lets discover them together today ^^

  • The most common one, put Vaseline as a lip balm on chapped lips
  • Put a tiny coat on your eyelashes as an eyelash conditioner before you go to bed and it will make your lashes grow longer and thicker OVER TIME
  • Use Vaseline as lip gloss by mixing with some pigment from lipstick or eyeshadow 
  • Use Vaseline as an exfoliator media. By mixing Vaseline with brown sugar or Vaseline with tooothbrush. Vaseline can helps to nourish lips during the exfoliator process
  • Apply a tiny amount on teeth as it can stop red lipstick smudging on your teeth
  • Apply a tiny amount as an eyebrow wax
  • Can be used as a bottle conditioner (I created the name myself). Put a tiny amount of Vaseline on the neck of the bottle (for example, nail polish bottle) before closing to prevent getting a hard time to open a tight bottle
  • Can be used to remove remains of makeup on a cotton bud
  • Can be used to smooth and soothe skin after shaving; or used to shave without water
  • Remove false eyelash glue from your lash line
  • Helps to maintain perfume scent longer when applied at perfume points (inner wrist, base of the throat,  behind ear lobes, in the cleavage, behind knees and inner elbows) before spraying the perfume. As you wear your perfume throughout the day, it will react with your body heat and continue to emit scent
  • Put Vaseline on your elbows everyday and they will stay soft ^^
  • Put Vaseline on your cuticles several times a day/ before go to bed for softer and better looking cuticles (as the OPI AVOPLEX replacement :P)
  • Put a thinker layer of Vaseline on your dry foot and wear a pair of socks before go to bed to helps do wonder on your dry foot (there is no necessary to buy an expensive dry foot cream). Say goodbye to your ugly crack heels!!

Hope these will helps. Means we can save on the lip gloss, dry foot cream and cuticle nail cream too !! *hohohoho*

XOXO

See you guys in my next post.

With love,
Silviana.






1 comment:

TammyC11 said...

vaseline rocks especially when you are in cold weathered countries ;) bye bye chapped lips!