Friday 3 May 2013

How to PREVENT Yellow Teeth

Hi Darlings,

Today I will share some quick and easy tips on "How to PREVENT Yellow Teeth".

Our teeth are not meant to be totally white. Their natural color is actually light yellow to light yellow-red. But as you age, your teeth tend to darken even more. Over time, your tooth surface enamel cracks and erodes, exposing dentin, the less dense interior of the tooth, which absorbs food color. Stains also latch onto the plaque and tartar buildup on and between teeth. Some food and drink, including coffee, tea, colas, smoke, acidic juices, certain medications and highly pigmented foods, can all stain your teeth. Many common stains can be cleaned and removed between professional dental cleaning and treatments with these common home remedies.

I know... I know... All of us like to drink coffee OR tea. Both coffee or tea comes real good with our English breakfast set to kick-start our daily routine. *giggle*

BUT!

They can stain your teeth!

Now, to prevent staining your teeth after you've had them whitened, drink beverages such as coffee, soda, and tea through a straw can minimize their contact with your teeth surfaces. It can significantly limit your exposure and help keep your teeth whiter for a longer time. I experienced it myself, after I did my dental cleaning for my teeth for about like a month ago. My teeth looks bright until the day I took the choice to take a cup of coffee and it's not that I didn't gargle my mouth after drinking it, I even brushed my teeth! But yeah they really has the ability to stain our teeth. In other words, you can say that anything that can stain a white clothe, it can stain ur teeth too!

Our good tips is by taking crunchy foods like apples, celery, and carrots, can help to scrub away stubborn stains over time. They can act like little toothbrushes when you chew them. The mildly acidic nature and astringent quality of apples, combines with their rough, fibre-rich flesh, makes them the ideal food for cleansing and brightening teeth.

And the last hints is,

By brushing with a paste made of baking soda and water a few times a month removes superficial staining and whitens teeth by a shade or two. I like to keep a small bottle of baking soda in my toilet, so whenever i saw it, I'll remember to use it for like 2-3 times in a week. The graininess neutralizes stains and polishes teeth but isn't abrasive enough to wear down your enamel.

I hope all these hints could help and please visit your nearest dentist as a healthy mouth is key to the overall health.

XOXO

With love,
Silviana

No comments: